Spiga

Arshavin fears the worst

Russia international Andrei Arshavin is still keen to sign for Barcelona even though the Catalan giants have snapped up Alex Hleb from Arsenal.

However, the 27-year-old, one of the stars of last month's Euro 2008, is concerned that his current club, Zenit St Petersburg, have set his transfer fee too high.

Arshavin said: "As they have signed Hleb, I do not know if they will want me too. We are different players, I know that, but does Barca have more money to spend on me?

"I really hope that they call and can sign me, but Zenit is asking for so much money. I know nothing more than that Barca offered £12million and Zenit said £24million, which is a lot.

"I have made my decision and Dick Advocaat knows clearly that I will go. I do not know if it will be to London, but my desire is well known.

"Now I do not want to not play or train for weeks. I agreed with the coach, with the club's permission, that I would only play if necessary while a transfer is sorted out.

"I was not in London negotiating anything. My club let me have a holiday after the European Championships, but I did not go to London."

This article was taken from: Football.co.uk

0 comments: